Christmas tree fruit biscuits
What you need:
a large bowl
1 cup of self raising flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ginger
½ cup of assorted dried fruit eg. Raisins sultanas etc.
1 cup brown sugar
⅓ teaspoon of salt
50 grams of soft unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a Christmas tree shaped cookie cutter
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with a flat paddle attachment until the butter is creamy and smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue beating the butter and sugar for about 2 mins or until the mix is yellow and pale.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the vanilla extract and half a cup of dried fruit. beat the batter for another 2 mins.
- Add half cup of dry ingredients slowly. Stir until they are mixed well together.
- Keep adding the dry ingredients in ½ cup intervals then mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter or cutting board dusted with flour.
- Divide the dough evenly into small squares, roll it out and then with your Christmas tree shaped cookie cutter cut out your biscuits.
- Put your Christmas cookies in the oven at 180 degrees keep them there for 20 - 25 mins.
- You can decorate with any type of fruit and icing.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
By Abby & Jessie